Hello, guys today we are here with new trick how to root Motorola’s “Moto G4 Plus” if you all are using stock rom since a while. Then you all thinks that stock rom looks boring you can change it to root your phone. So follow the guideline for Moto G4 Plus Root.
This guide will show you how to install latest TWRP recovery for Moto G4 Plus root it. Download TWRP 126.96.36.199 for Moto G4 Plus” and follow steps carefully. If you install TWRP on your device then, you can flash Custom Roms (official LineageOS), Custom Kernel, Custom Mods and any zip files like the Xposed installer. Follow all the steps carefully.
Benefits of rooting Moto G4 Plus:
- Allows to install custom roms on your device and explore new features.
- Increase your device performance by tweaking kernel and overclocking device.
- Increase performance of battery by using apps like greenify.
- Able to delete ram-hogging inbuilt apps.
- Rooting will void your device warranty.
- You need an unlocked bootloader on your Moto G4 Plus before using these steps.
- Follow all the steps correctly otherwise, you will end up with the bricked phone. We are not responsible for any damage. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure you have 70% charged.
Files needed to root and install TWRP on “Moto G4 Plus”
- Minimal ADB tools
- TWRP Recovery for “Moto G4 Plus” rename it recovery.img and place it in ADB folder – Download
- SuperSu.zip for Moto G4 Plus – Download
Steps To Moto G4 Plus Root And Install TWRP Recovery
- First, enable USB Debugging on your device.
To enable USB debugging mode. First, we need to activate Developer Option to activate developer option go to Settings>About Phone>Now Tap The Build Number for 7 times until you see a message ‘You Are Now A Developer’
- Now we activate Developer Option, go back to settings>developer option> now enable USB debugging and also enable OEM unlocking.
- Now go to that folder in which you install ADB then hold the shift key and right click on any blank space and select open command window here.
- Now connect your smartphone with your Laptop or PC using USB cable.
- We need to reboot the phone into fastboot mode by typing the following commands.
(adb reboot bootloader)
- Your device will reboot into fastboot mode. If it doesn’t check the USB cable is connected properly and your drivers installed properly. You can check the list of devices connected by typing the following command
- Now it’s time to flashing the recovery, so type this command.
(fastboot flash recovery recovery.img)
Now, you have installed TWRP recovery on Moto G4 Plus.
- Move SuperSu.zip to root of your phone internal memory. (By root I mean not in any folder just enter into your internal storage and place the file.)
- Boot up your device in recovery mode by pressing Volume Up + Power key at same time.
- Now in TWRP recovery click on Install menu and select the SuperSu.zip file you placed in the root of internal storage to root Moto G4 Plus. Thus, swipe to install SuperSu.zip.
- Now you have rooted and installed TWRP Recovery on your device. You can check that root access working properly by Root Checker app from play store.